We love seeing all the artworks and designs that are submitted to us. Some are brilliant works of art, some show raw passion, and, some are down right weird. We love them all. But there are a few that do go too far.
Our artwork content policy is simple.
By submitting any/all artwork to us for print, you are warranting that you are the lawful and rightful owner or your have obtained the permission to use the artwork you are submitting and that you indemnify us, Monstees Custom Printing, from any legal or financial ramifications.
You indemnify us, Monstees Custom Printing, against any legal or financial ramifications that you may incur.
3. Refusal & Reporting
We, Monstees Custom Printing, reserve the right to cancel your order or ask you to change and resubmit your artwork if we feel it is inappropriate in any way.
If we feel that your artwork contains illegal content, especially content that contains nude or ‘sexualised’ children (persons under the age of 18), we will forward your details and copies of your designs/images on to authorities.
4. Designs on Children’s Clothing
We take a relaxed approach to designs made available on children’s clothing on the basis you know what you are doing. Designs should be suitable for children of all ages and without undesirable associations or connotations (for example, sexually or violently suggestive, demeaning, derogative, or political material or phrasing that could be interpreted as such). Humorous slogans should be tasteful and appropriate for the age. Gender-specific slogans also need careful consideration.
The following content is not permitted and we may ask you to resubmitted an alternative design/artwork/image. Or we may cancel your order.
- Images containing Nude or ‘Sexualised’ children. Images submitted with children (persons under the age of 18) should be appropriately clothed. As a general rule, ‘appropriately clothed’ means no genitalia, no uncovered bottoms, and, for pubescent girls, no bare chests. We define a child as anyone under the age of 18. In images of babies or infants, some nudity is acceptable , but we request that genitalia is covered.
- Violence & Hatred. Any submission that glorifies or trivializes violence or human suffering is not permitted. For example, graphic depictions of violence, works that trivialize violent acts, and work or behaviour where the intent of the artist is to incite hatred or violence. This includes the promotion of organizations, groups or people who have a history of violence and/or an agenda of hate.
- Racism. Racist content or behaviour and material designed to incite racism is not permitted. We define racism as either the hatred or intolerance of another race, or discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior, or a belief that all members of a racial group possess characteristics specific to that race, especially to distinguish it as being inferior.
- Harmful Misinformation. Harmful misinformation is not permitted. We define this as any misleading or false information that harms or significantly threatens public health and safety, or where the intent is to cause fear and suspicion about a topic that can cause real-world harm.
Artwork production policy
- We do NOT guarantee 100% colour accuracy. If colour is important, contact us first for a sample print.
- What colours you see on your screen versus what is physically printed may vary.
- We don’t print white ink on white garments. Any designs containing white colour will have areas with no print on them.
- White ink elements on bright-coloured garments might look tinted. This is most evident on Red, Maroon,Blue,Hi-Vis Yellow, Hi_vis Orange, Hi-Vis Pink and other similarly coloured garments.
- There might be slight discrepancies in print placement.